Fall/Winter Photography Competition
September 21 2019 - March 19 2020
Contest for photos taken within our forest, with youth (ages 10 - 18) and adults (ages 19+) being judged separately. A selection of images will be printed and displayed, and winners of each category will receive prizes (to be announced at a later date).
- Photos must be taken in Sunnyside Acres Urban Forest
- Photos must be taken between September 21 2019 and March 19 2020
- One entry per participant
- Youth (10-18) and adults (19+) will be judged separately
- All photos of people must have consent of model(s) before submission
- Photos showing any breakage of park rules will be disqualified
- All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Cropping and editing the photo is allowed, as long as this does not sacrifice any of the above rules
Please note that SAHS retains the right to disqualify any competition entries that are deemed inappropriate or do not follow stated rules
- Free to enter
- Email photos to
- File name should be "lastname.firstname-imagetitle"
- Subject heading should be "Photo Contest Entry 2019-20"
-Include full name, age, approximate date photo was taken, and image title in email contents
-OPTIONAL: Include Instagram username if you would like to tagged if your photo is posted on the Sunnyside Acres Instagram page (@sunnysideacresheritagesociety)
- All entries must be sent in this way, and before midnight on March 19 2020. Late submissions will not be considered.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Love 2 Media
- Arnim Roeske
- Surrey Parks and Recreation
- London Drugs (Peninsula Village)
- London Drugs (Morgan Crossing)
- This event is being hosted by Sunnyside Acres Heritage Society. We may be sponsored by certain companies or advertising on certain platforms, but all official information will be written on this page or sent out by
- Ownership of image belongs to photographer. We may use entered photos in SAHS advertising, but they will always be attached to the photographer's name, and can be removed at the photographer's request
- Unless specifically denied by photographer, SAHS may use photos before end of photo contest on website and in advertisements for the competition, again with acknowledgement of photographer
- Family portrait by Love 2 Media
- Painting by Arnim Roeske
- Urban Forest Exploration Kit by Surrey Parks and Recreation
- Photo displayed publicly
For more information:
- Check back regularly on this page
On this page:
Photo Contest Reception
Most likely taking place on April 9th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm at Ocean Park Library.
For more information...
Check back on this page regularly on this page and/or follow our social media accounts @sunnysideacresheritagesociety
Thank you to everybody who attended our first photo walk! It was a lot of fun, and we look forward to seeing how the photos turned out!
Wednesday February 12th, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Will be cancelled if high winds and/or icy conditions
Sunnyside Acres Urban Forest.
Meet in Wally Ross Trail Parking Lot, off 24th Avenue between 144 Street and 148 street
Everyone is welcome to attend this free event, regardless of age or photography level. We particularly recommend it to people who enjoy photography and/or nature.
What is the event?
Join us for a fun walk around Sunnyside Acres Urban Forest, for a chance to learn photo tips from professional photographers, meet new people, practise your photography, and take a great photo to enter in Sunnyside Acres Heritage Society's fall/winter photo contest
What should I bring?
- Camera and/or phone
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- A positive attitude!